● Apple/Macintosh Final Cut Pro X suite, Soundtrack, Garageband, Logic Pro X
● Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro, Audition, InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver
● Sony Vegas, Sound Forge, ACID Pro, CD Architect, DVD Architect, Cinescore
● Microsoft Office
● Shoot and light video with various camera systems and lighting kits. Operate various teleprompter systems.
● Writer, Producer, Voiceover: Parrodoxx Pictures. Various clients: Avino Silver and Gold Mines Ltd., British Columbia Aboriginal Mine Training Assocation, Asiniy Gravel Crushing, Dakota Dunes Golf Course, Kitsaki Procon Mining, Constantine Metals Resources and others.
● Producer/Editor, Walking Friends and Foes, three-minute promo video for SmartGrowthBC report on building more livable communities.
● Director/Producer, The Shopping Bags, Season 6 (Force Four Productions). Conceived, wrote, produced and directed segments for 30-minute consumer guide/product comparison show; W Network, Lifetime TV.
● Producer, A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo Story EPK, Lifetime TV MOW.
● Producer, Road To Rock Star: Supernova. (Rob Burnett Productions, Suddenly Seymour Productions, Canwest Global). Behind-the -scenes/making-of one-hour TV documentary about Canadian auditions for the second series of Rock Star.
● Producer, Men In Trees (Warner Brothers Television) EPK for New York upfronts and Pasadena screenings.
● Producer, Blade IV/Blade series. (New Line, Spike TV) EPK for TV series pilot; DVD extra features.
● Producer, Eight Days To Live (Shaftsbury Films, CTV), EPK for CTV network MOW.
● Field Producer, Entertainment Tonight segment on Lifetime TV MOW A Little Thing Called Murder.
● Producer, A Little Thing Called Murder EPK (Lifetime TV network MOW)
“I have had the great pleasure of conducting media training programs using Justin Smallbridge and his expertise. Justin has what it takes to be a great media trainer. His two decades of experience in television, radio and print have taught him how to handle difficult interviews and how to discuss tough issues. In his media training work with me Justin has demonstrated: a natural intelligence that leads him straight to the point of complex stories; a sense of curiosity that helps him find the real issues; an impressive grasp of the language of business; a genuine ability to connect with people. Justin is able to turn around a media training exercise — including interview and news story — very quickly. I truly enjoyed his work in the media and he was an asset to my business.”
Jeff Ansell & Associates, Inc.
* * *
“He is a consummate professional in all areas. areas. He retains an uncanny mental vault of information that can be referenced in seconds. His humor is subtle and clever. He has a great knack for mimicry and satire. His writing style leaves many so-called “writers” hacking on his literary dust. He is also a lot of fun to be around and plays well with others. Whilst in the broadcasting biz, he always managed to meet his deadlines (many others couldn’t). Justin possesses a keen sense of the absurd and can see the irony in anything. This, ultimately, is what gives much of his work that “Smallbridge feel.” He tries to please everyone all the time and undertakes projects far more complex than his peers. He is passionate about just about everything and everyone around him. He is smart, quick, competent, inspirational, ambitious, funny. He is a loyal friend, a loving husband/ father and the only person I can always count on to tell the truth. As long as I’ve known him, I have never seen him back down from a challenge. Personally or professionally, he can always be counted on to ‘get the job done’.”
* * *
“Justin Smallbridge is one of the best journalists with whom I’ve had the pleasure to work. He has terrific news judgment and he’s fountain of solid story ideas. His reporting is first-rate, and his writing is well crafted and creative. In print, his articles are clean and easy to edit. Because he’s open to editorial input, he is easy to edit. An experienced broadcast journalist as well as a writer, he knows what he’s doing when it comes to producing and editing broadcast news. His on-air style is charming and edgy, making for an entertaining and informing presentation. I’ve assigned many stories to Justin, and I’ll continue to do so — happily!”
—Mary Kathleen Flynn
Senior Editor/Senior Video Producer, The Deal & Tech Confidential,
New York City
* * *